Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2024 12:56:15 GMT by N S J
Hi Hopefully this is a quick question. Due to a tax code disaster, I overpaid tax last year and am due a rebate. At the time I did my return, I was due to pay my 2nd 'On account' payment at end of July 2024. This was shown on the 'current position' page. I now see there a rebate waiting to be claimed. And I see no mention of the 2nd payment. My question: Has the 'on account' payment, due next week, been taken when calculating my rebate? (I can't find it listed on my 'current position' link). If it has, then I can go ahead and take my rebate. If not, then I assume it will be taken from this 'rebate' pot, and the pot will shrink? Or should I still make the payment? I've had no information - I was expecting a message to tell me whats happening from HMRC. Thanks in advance! It took forever to register for this forum as the captcha didn't work. cheers
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2024 05:56:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi N S Juty,
If your return calculated an overpayment, this overpayment will have been added to your statement.
This overpayment will then have been applied against your 2nd Payment On Account , after which the remainder should be claimable as a credit.
To allow us to confirm this, we would need to review your statement.
Please  contact us by webchat or phone here to allow us to do this:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2024 12:47:34 GMT by Brenda6% Carberry
I applied for my tax rebate online 17th July 2024. The letter i got says takes 7 days and still not received in my bank And cannot get through on the phone. Anyone know why it's late please.
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2024 12:30:27 GMT by N S J
The web chat is just completely automated - I can't reach anyone. I just get 'helpful' links. Having spent many hours waiting on the phone, I'm reluctant to follow this route again. The last advisor was not helpful. In addition, I complained about this a month ago, and noone has contacted me since the confirmation of my complaint. Any advice?
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2024 09:02:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
Our current timescale is that you should receive the repayment by the 28th July. If that date passes, please contact us to investigate this for you. Income Tax: general enquiries

You must be signed in to post in this forum.