Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Tax rebate question

The web chat is just completely automated - I can't reach anyone. I just get 'helpful' links. Having spent many hours waiting on the phone, I'm reluctant to follow this route again. The last advisor was not helpful. In addition, I complained about this a month ago, and noone has contacted me since the confirmation of my complaint. Any advice?
  • Tax rebate question

Hi Hopefully this is a quick question. Due to a tax code disaster, I overpaid tax last year and am due a rebate. At the time I did my return, I was due to pay my 2nd 'On account' payment at end of July 2024. This was shown on the 'current position' page. I now see there a rebate waiting to be claimed. And I see no mention of the 2nd payment. My question: Has the 'on account' payment, due next week, been taken when calculating my rebate? (I can't find it listed on my 'current position' link). If it has, then I can go ahead and take my rebate. If not, then I assume it will be taken from this 'rebate' pot, and the pot will shrink? Or should I still make the payment? I've had no information - I was expecting a message to tell me whats happening from HMRC. Thanks in advance! It took forever to register for this forum as the captcha didn't work. cheers