Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 27 Sep 2023 18:33:22 GMT by Edmond Tse
I run a small design firm in Hong Kong, the company is registered in Hong Kong and solely owned by myself, and I came to the UK in July last year under the BNO visa. I am still operating the company remotely here in the UK, and I earn salary as a director of this company. I wonder how I should file the tax return, should I just file the income as foreign income? or I should file the income as self-employment. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 04 Oct 2023 17:19:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Edmond Tse,
Please report the income from your HK company in the Self Employed pages (SA103).
You can claim Foreign Tax Credit Relief re: any Hong Kong tax paid on the income in the Foreign pages (SA108) under the heading ' Foreign tax paid on employment, self-employment and other income'.    
Filling in the ‘Foreign’ pages
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 06 Oct 2023 07:08:15 GMT by Edmond Tse
Thank you very much. It's very helpful.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.