Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 14 Sep 2023 13:32:46 GMT by ccmc
Hi, I move from the UK to Hong Kong about 30 years ago. I would like to know that if I move back to the UK, is my pension under ORSO scheme (a lump sum payment) taxable in the UK?
Posted Thu, 21 Sep 2023 15:51:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi ccmc,

Pension income from Hong Kong is only taxable in Hong Kong and you will not need to declare it in the UK .  
Article 17 of the Double Taxation Agreement between Hong Kong and the UK refers . Hong Kong: tax treaties .

Thank you.

Posted Sun, 24 Sep 2023 03:47:45 GMT by ccmc
I will also put all the income I earned before I become a UK tax resident into an account to setup Clean Capital. So if put my pension into the "Clean Capital" account, will this change the Clean Capital into a mix fund? Thanks.
Posted Tue, 03 Oct 2023 08:56:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Please see below regarding mixed funds.

RDRM35210 - Remittance Basis: Amounts Remitted: Mixed Funds: Remittances from mixed funds - overview

Cleansing mixed funds

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.