Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2024 23:13:26 GMT by
Hi, I have a flexible cash ISA into which I’ve already paid in the full annual allowance this tax year. I have recently acquired some shares (through a SAYE scheme) and wish to put them in a new Stocks and Shares ISA I would like to open. I believe I can withdraw the equivalent from the cash ISA to enable the transfer of these shares, rather than wait until the new tax year. Please confirm this is the case. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2024 14:44:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi steveb,
Please refer to guidance at Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs)
Thank you.

Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2024 15:45:19 GMT by
Hi, I’m sorry but this doesn’t answer the question. Can you withdraw from one flexible ISA and pay the same amount into another ISA? If so, does that other ISA have to be flexible too? Thanks, Steve
Posted Tue, 13 Feb 2024 14:45:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

If your ISA is ‘flexible’, you can take out cash then put it back in during the same tax year without reducing your current year’s allowance. Your provider can tell you if your ISA is flexible.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 21 May 2024 22:37:35 GMT by joey_gomes
Does it need to be inside the same provider (that is moving from flexible Cash ISA to Stock and Shares ISA)?? Can one move money from a flexible Cash ISA from one provider to a Stock an Shares ISA from another provider?
Posted Fri, 24 May 2024 14:03:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

No, it can be different ones but it is the provider that will need to arrange the transfer.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.