Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2024 02:18:15 GMT by HelloThere Lim
Hi there, I was working as a part time examiner for a professional body and I received a lump sum of money circa 1-1.5k£, am I eligible to use the trading allowance? If so, then the taxable income would be around 0-500£?
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:12:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Xelos,
Please refer to Employment Status Manual ESM4151 - Particular occupations: examiners - status to see if you fall under a self employed category in order to be allowed to claim this.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.