Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 16 Oct 2023 08:59:57 GMT by
Hi, I am in the process of withdrawing funds from a French 'assurance-vie' in order to buy a flat in the UK. I am a British fiscal resident and therefore am exempt of taxes in France. I therefore need to get the CERFA 5000 and 5002 documents signed by HMRC. Please could you confirm the address as well as what/how to send the documents? I understand that I need to send 3 identical documents, but do I also need to include a stamped envelope for return, do I need to send via signed for post? Thanks
Posted Wed, 18 Oct 2023 13:14:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
Send them to
HMRC,
PAYE & Self Assessment
BX9 1AS.
You dont need to include a stamped addressed envelope.
It is up to you if you want to send them signed for.
Posted Tue, 07 Nov 2023 11:02:50 GMT by
I too have sent this in (April 2023) however have yet to receive the CERFA 5000 stamped/signed from HMRC. There is no way to track the progress or know who has been assigned this task. Having called Self Assessment and spent many hours trying to get through and explaining this, I am yet still to receive the forms. Please could you assign a dedicated contact with which we can liaise with? It seems to be that there are many British fiscal residents experiencing similar issues with regards to these specific French tax documents - please get in touch asap to resolve this.
Posted Thu, 09 Nov 2023 15:35:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi gzmherens,
We would advise that you contact our Self Assessment helpline on 0300 200 3310 or via webchat here:
 Self Assessment: general enquiries
To advise my colleagues that you have submitted this form.
They will check our digital mail service and if they find it, they will sign it and stamp it and return it to you.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.