Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 31 Jul 2023 10:07:56 GMT by
Hello...team My cheque has bounced in 2022.....I tried to call many times but it was long waiting time every time so couldn't talk with any one. Is there any other option To get support!!!?
Posted Mon, 31 Jul 2023 14:42:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Evi,

If you wish to nominate someone to receive a repayment on your behalf you need to write to us to advise of their details.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 02 Aug 2023 13:45:07 GMT by
Hello, my cheque been sent on June 18 th, but I still waiting. How long time it's gonna take to arrive? In my personal account says up to 3 weeks. But I still waiting. Thank you
Posted Thu, 03 Aug 2023 10:40:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Ines,

We can send a replacement to the address, for an update on this you will need to contact our helpline

Thank you.
Posted Sun, 06 Aug 2023 21:44:53 GMT by
Hi, I have got a cheque a year ago but unfortunately wasn't able to cash in time. I tried to contact HMRC by the phone few times but I was unlucky. Can I send the old check back with a letter to request a new one? If yes, what other details among the cheque should I write in the letter? I don't need any changes(same name, same address), I need just a replacement Thank you!
Posted Tue, 08 Aug 2023 06:59:58 GMT by Pianola Cordero
Hi there, I've received a cheque for a tax refund to my previous UK address. I no longer have a UK Bank Account. Can I nominate someone to receive the cheque and send the money to me instead? and if I do this does HMRC keep a record in case something bad happens and they do not send the money so that there is proof that they were sent the cheque and if the money is paid so that I would be able to do something about it?
Posted Tue, 08 Aug 2023 07:31:16 GMT by
I have a tax refund cheque in my name ,I live in France and don't have an English bank account.can I endorse the cheque and put it in my partners english account.
Posted Tue, 08 Aug 2023 10:55:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Jyoti,

The contact methods are listed here.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 08 Aug 2023 13:09:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Veronika,

If it has been more than 3 weeks contact our Income Tax team.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 10 Aug 2023 15:42:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi AlexTuzu,
Yes, you can return the cheque for reisssue.
You should write to the address shown here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/income-tax-enquiries-for-individuals-pensioners-and-employees.
Please  include your name, address and national insurance number.
Thank you. 

Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 10:49:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Pianola Cordero,
You would write to us here:
To request a replacement cheque and provide the name and address of the nominated person.
It will be noted on our records who the repayment has been sent to however HMRC would take no further involvement after that.
Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 10:56:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Nouggie,
If you are unable to cash the cheque you will need to write to use to request a replacement and nominate a person to receive a the replacement.
Thank you. 
Posted Sat, 12 Aug 2023 22:34:37 GMT by
Hello, the letter came to the old address and the landlord took it and said it was returned. is it possible to receive the check online or to another address? Thank you in advance!
Posted Mon, 14 Aug 2023 16:22:06 GMT by
Hello, my uncle (whom I stayed with while in the UK) received a letter claiming I am due a tax refund. I want to change the name on the cheque to his name as I am no longer in the UK. Going through previous messages on this thread, I understand I am to send a letter to HMRC to change the name. Would it be okay for my uncle to send a letter that will be digitally signed by me and attached with a copy of my passport to the HMRC office to change the name? Thanks in advance.
Posted Wed, 16 Aug 2023 14:32:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Ruslan Rusu,
You will need to contact our Income Tax department so that we can start the process of sending a replacement cheque:
Thank you. 

Posted Thu, 17 Aug 2023 11:01:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Seun,

We would require a wet signature on the letter.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 22 Aug 2023 03:01:07 GMT by
My husband has received a cheque for a tax refund and cannot bank this as Australian banks no longer accept international cheques. He has tried to contact HMRC but the numbers on the website are out of date and do not work. He cannot find an email address and the app. requires all UK identification examples. Is there an up to date telephone or email address he can use to talk to someone about sending the cheque back and finding a way to have the money deposited in his account directly? Thanks.
Posted Tue, 22 Aug 2023 07:33:21 GMT by
Dear Team, Please I haven't received a cheque for £106.50 sent by HRMC on 28 February 2023 for the tax return for 6 April 2021 to 5 April 2022. I have tried to ring HMRC several times, but the line always busy. Could you help please. Martial.
Posted Fri, 25 Aug 2023 14:25:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Diana Blackburn,
He would need to call or write to our Income Tax Team:
Thank you, 
Posted Fri, 25 Aug 2023 15:04:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Martial NGAHA,
If you haven't received the cheque, click 'Ask HMRC Online' and request to speak with an adviser.
You will be put into the queue for webchat:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.