Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 17 May 2024 15:05:50 GMT by SJ Watson
Hi There, I hope you can help. I received this CCS message (pasted below) in my childcare account, but every time I try to call the number below I am told the lines are 'too busy' and am cut off every time, rather than being put in a queue. I even called up between the two 'busy' periods indicated on the phone line's recorded message which were between 8am-11am and 4 - 6pm. Please can you advise how I move forward, as you can see there is a deadline of 23th May pending, and I appear to have no way of contacting HMRC. I also never received a call from HMRC as they state at the top of the letter. Many thanks, Susie Dear ...... Thank you for your Free childcare for working parents reconfirmation for ______. We need more information from you to help us decide if you're eligible. We've tried to call you without success, to confirm your partner's employment status and how much they expect to earn in this tax year. What to do now Please call us as soon as possible on 0300 123 4097 and quote CCS to discuss your reconfirmation. When you call, please provide your National Insurance Number so that we can deal with your call more quickly. When you call us, you will hear a number of options. We need you to follow the steps below: Step 1 press 2 for all other enquiries Step 2 press 4 for replying to correspondence you've received Step 3 press 1 for receiving a letter with CCS in the bottom left corner, or have received a secure message in your childcare account If we don't hear from you by 23 May 2024 we'll make a decision based on the information we already have. Yours sincerely Childcare service team
Posted Wed, 22 May 2024 13:45:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

Unfortunately, you will need to continue trying to contact our Childcare Service team. 

Childcare Service helpline

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 29 May 2024 14:51:29 GMT by lewchenko
I too am having this issue. I know your advice is to "keep trying" however are you in a position to confirm whether or not there actually are any periods during the day when the helpline is accepting calls? I have tried numerous times through the day for the past week and keep getting the same recorded message... it's almost like someone has left the automated message "on"? Please could you check with the department and confirm that there is actually a way when we will be able to get through?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.