Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 01 Apr 2024 16:00:48 GMT by HKFai Fai
This is my case: I am from Hong Kong (HK) and was granted BNO Visa in March 2024. I plan to move to UK in August 2024. I plan to work in HK until 31 July 2024. However, I still have 150 days leave and plan to put the leave after 31 July 2024. Therefore, when I move to UK in August 2024, I am still earning the paid leave in HK until January to March 2025 (exact date to be calculated by the personnel section of my current employer). These paid leave will still be taxable in HK. In my case, is my paid leave from August 2024 - earl 2025 earned in HK needed to be reported in 2024/25 personal tax in UK and is it taxable in UK? Thank you for your kind advice, please.
Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 11:43:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

The paid leave will be classed as payment for employment carried out in Hong Kong and under the terms of the double taxation treaty, it is only taxable in Hong Kong.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2024 07:47:36 GMT by HKFai Fai
If I got the BNO Visa in 2024 and then I have a job in Hong Kong but working in a EU country (Belgium) for 2 years (from August 2024 to July 2026) but the salary is paid in Hong Kong and taxable in Hong Kong, do I need to declare the income to HMRC and pay the UK tax?
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 11:14:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
HMRC cannot comment on future events as legislation and/or plans may change.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.