Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Is this kind of overseas income taxable in UK?

    If I got the BNO Visa in 2024 and then I have a job in Hong Kong but working in a EU country (Belgium) for 2 years (from August 2024 to July 2026) but the salary is paid in Hong Kong and taxable in Hong Kong, do I need to declare the income to HMRC and pay the UK tax?
  • Is this kind of overseas income taxable in UK?

    This is my case: I am from Hong Kong (HK) and was granted BNO Visa in March 2024. I plan to move to UK in August 2024. I plan to work in HK until 31 July 2024. However, I still have 150 days leave and plan to put the leave after 31 July 2024. Therefore, when I move to UK in August 2024, I am still earning the paid leave in HK until January to March 2025 (exact date to be calculated by the personnel section of my current employer). These paid leave will still be taxable in HK. In my case, is my paid leave from August 2024 - earl 2025 earned in HK needed to be reported in 2024/25 personal tax in UK and is it taxable in UK? Thank you for your kind advice, please.