Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 21 Oct 2023 11:32:46 GMT by JJ63
Hi I am completing the self-assessment process online and when I review the completed SA100 I see that box 6 "Trusts etc" doesn't have either Yes or the No checkboxes ticked - I can find no way in the questionnaire that I can access information relating to Trusts and therefore box 6 has to remain unanswered - will this be OK? If not can you tell me what I would need to do to be able to ensure this section gets a valid answer (which is "No")? many thanks 
Posted Wed, 25 Oct 2023 18:01:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi JJ63,
You cannot use this service to file your tax return online for a partnership for a trust or for an estate if you lived abroad as a non-resident.
To report multiple ‘chargeable gains’, for example from life insurance f you get income from a trust, you’re a Lloyd’s underwriter or a religious minister use commercial software or download or request other forms instead.
Thank you. 

Posted Wed, 25 Oct 2023 18:22:39 GMT by JJ63
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
Posted Mon, 30 Oct 2023 14:48:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

As this page cannot be filed online, it automatically defaults to no. If you have no need for this page there is nothing you need to change.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.