Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 06 Mar 2024 13:10:41 GMT by jsoakell
Hi, I paid off my student loan on December 11 2023 and a stop notice request was issued at that time from Student Finance to HMRC, to then issue the stop notice to my employer. After 2 further escalations in January and February still nothing has come through to my employer and I am paying money which should not be collected. Please could I have a contact number for someone in this division at HMRC? Student Finance tell me there is nothing that they can do, and there doesn't seem to be a publicly available contact route at HMRC. Thanks
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 12:00:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi jsoakell,
I am sorry that the stop notice has not yet been issued.
To review this you will need to contact HMRC and be transferred to the student loan department within HMRC
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2024 12:53:53 GMT by Emily Holdsworth
Dear team, I am having the same problem. Every time I call HMRC on the helpline they shut down the call when I say I need to speak about a stop notice. They suggest contacting the student loans company who I have contacted multiple times and they say they have sent the stop notice. I need to check with HMRC whether they have received this. Can you help? Many thanks Emily
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:59:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Emily Holdsworth,
If you contact HMRC we can then transfer you to the student loan department witihn HMRC to review this for you.
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.