Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 12 Oct 2023 09:04:57 GMT by
My previous employer from years ago was a US company (and I was based in the US). Last year I became UK non-dom tax resident. And last week I received a tax refund from IRS. I would expect that this tax refund would not be taxable in the UK as it concerns my employment long before I arrived to the UK. What’s HMRC guidance/view on this?
Posted Fri, 13 Oct 2023 16:17:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

The tax refund from the IRS is not taxable in the UK.  HMRC does not tax, tax.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.