Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2024 13:11:03 GMT by Kerstin
I am trying to create a Personal Tax Account and am never able to confirm my identity. I used the GOV ID app in the past to apply for settlement status, without any problems, however, it keeps saying it cannot confirm my identity when trying to create a Personal Tax Account. The alternative option of providing 2 documents, is simply discriminating against everyone who has a non-UK passport. I am given 3 options out of which I have to choose 2. The 3 options are: UK passport, UK driving license, credit history. I have a European passport and driving license, so I cannot choose 2 options. On your website it says I can provide recent payslips, international passport, P45, P60, etc, however, when trying to add my information manually to the account, those options are in fact never available, and the only 3 options I can choose from are: UK passport, UK driving license, credit history. I have contacted the Digital Support Team multiple times and I am either rudely brushed off with the explanation that this issue is not a technical issue, or I only receive a generic answer that is completely unhelpful and frankly ignorant and disrespectful. In my desperation, I called multiple other HMRC departments and they all confirmed independently that the information they hold from me is identical to the one on my passport, and that this is indeed a technical issue and I must contact the Digital Support Team. However, they refuse to help. Please let me know, how I can confirm my identity to open a Personal Tax Account. And please do not tell me that my only option is to contact the Digital Support Team as they have proven incredibly unhelpful. Thank you in advance.
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2024 06:51:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 17 Response

Hi ,

I am sorry you are having issues setting up your Personal Tax Account.

For assistance please contact the online helpdesk :

Technical support with HMRC online services    .

Thank you .
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2024 11:20:37 GMT by Adil Atta Alla
Hi, I have an issue to verify my idenity for opening account with HMRC, always I'm receiving message that my details does not match. Please advice
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2024 10:43:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 8 Response
Hi,
We are  sorry you are having issues setting up your Personal Tax Account.
For assistance please contact the online helpdesk :
Technical support with HMRC online service
Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.