Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 08 Jul 2023 11:48:25 GMT by
My partner is in a fortunate position where after pension contributions she will be earning over 100k this financial year (23/24) We have found out that we are expecting a second child, so from next April my partner plans to drop down to 4 days a week. This will bring her income after pension contributions to below 100k and this will remain the case for the foreseeable future (financial year 2024/25 onwards) Our first child turns 3 next October (2024) so my understanding is we could be eligible for 30 hours childcare from January 2025 and could submit an application around November 2024. Can you help me understand how the income eligibility is assessed from a timing perspective? I.e. at the point of applying for the free childcare hours (November 2024) adjusted income after pension contributions would be below 100K and recent payslips would show this. However if we were to be assessed on the previous financial year (e.g a P60 from FY2023/24) then it would show adjusted income being above 100K.
Posted Fri, 14 Jul 2023 10:40:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi David_McD27,

You need to contact the Childcare Service helpline regarding this query Childcare Service helpline

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.