Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 02 Oct 2023 00:34:42 GMT by Kahing123
I just submitted sa1 form in 6 sep 2023, but no any reply about the UTR yet. There is also no record by checking the form submitted status in HMRC app. Second question , my wife is not self employed, but if she submitted the CWF1. The UTR she still can use to submit tax return? Or she need to submit SA1 again to get another UTR? Third question, if my father got oversea bank saving interest and uk bank saving interest, but the total is within his personal allowance. He still need to register self assessment? Thank you. I am quite annoying on the tax issue that my whole family settle in UK just a short term period.
Posted Tue, 10 Oct 2023 09:46:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If the SA1 was submitted on 6 September the UTR should have been allocated. You will need to contact our Self Assessment team to pursue:

Self Assessment: general enquiries

If your wife submitted a CWF1 then she would have a UTR but if she is not self employed she would need to contact HMRC to close the self employment record.

Contact HMRC

If your father receives foreign income then yes, he would need to register for Self Assessment. 

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 06 Nov 2023 21:29:05 GMT by A.TH.F Fung
I submitted the SA1 form online. should I expect to see the self assessment form in my online Tax Account or to receive a physical form by mail? I indicated that I had foreign income starting from Dec 2021, will I see two form assessment forms for 2021/2022 and 2022/2023?
Posted Wed, 15 Nov 2023 08:42:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi A.TH.F Fung,
Yes once your Self Assessment record has been set up you will receive a letter with your Unique Tax Referance, UTR.
Once you receive the UTR you can then enrol to file your Self Assessment online and at that time you will be able to access the 2021/22 & 2022/23 tax returns. 
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.