Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2024 07:21:26 GMT by isb95
Hello, I have recently moved from the UK to Romania, while remaining employed by my UK employer. I still travel to the UK office regularly, so my employer applied for section 690 guidance for me, and will be retaining tax corresponding to 25% of my income. Given I am now classed as a Romanian tax resident, I will be declaring and paying income tax and social contributions in Romania. Since I will be declaring my full employment income (i.e. including the 25% component on which income tax will be paid in the UK), my question is, whether I will be able to claim back the amount of tax paid in the UK from HMRC when I do my self assessment next April? Otherwise, I would be double taxed on this 25%. Thank you!
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 14:56:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

Yes you can apply for full relief - Double Taxation: Treaty Relief (Form DT-Individual)

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.