Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 22 Dec 2023 14:01:46 GMT by
If I am a UK resident for tax purposes, present in UK for the full tax year and working (remotely) for an Australian employer (paid and taxed in Australia): When declaring the employment income on my self-assessment tax return - can I claim a tax credit for the foreign tax paid in Australia? Please advise which form(s) I would need to fill in. Thanks.
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 14:08:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

Yes you can. you need to tailor your return at section 3 to show that you have foreign income and to claim foreign tax credit relief.
You also need to show the income under UK employment, with no PAYE ref, in order  for this to show in the calculation.

Thank you
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 10:08:52 GMT by
Thanks. Can this be done in the online tax return or must I fill in a paper tax return?
Posted Thu, 18 Jan 2024 07:04:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi BB-54,
This can be done in your online tax return. 
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.