Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 13 Dec 2023 12:56:32 GMT by
Hi, i am trying to submit a self assessment on line seeing as you won't send paper ones anymore. I only have one item of proof [photo driving licence] for identification and not the required two. I have rang various numbers but haven't been able to make the automated voice understand what i want. I am not getting anywhere with this please tell me what i can do.
Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 11:17:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused in requesting an online return submission.
Contact us by webchat via Self Assessment: general enquiries
and we can issue a paper return, or give you more advice and support in accessing and completing your online return.

Thank you
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 13:16:09 GMT by
I am sorry but i have got absolutely nowhere with anything online regarding proof of identity for government gateway or self assessment. I have even written to hmrc self assessment but haven't had a reply. The automated phone doesn't understand what i need, I don't know what else i can do!
Posted Mon, 22 Jan 2024 12:00:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
If you are having difficulties setting up your online account then you will need to contact our online helpdesk for assistance Technical support with HMRC online services

You must be signed in to post in this forum.