Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 07 Nov 2023 12:50:21 GMT by
I understand I can claim as an expense the use of my mobile phone and my broadband data working from home for my free-lance teaching business. However, as I understand, I have to work out the business use from the personal use. How can I best do this? How do I record it? Any advice is much appreciated as I have not been claiming any of these expenses up to now.
Posted Wed, 08 Nov 2023 12:08:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 13


You should review your usage of the mobile phone/landline to determine how much of it is used for private and business to then take the applicable percentage. This should be recorded as part of your record keeping.

Please see Expenses if you're self-employed: Overview

Thank you

Posted Wed, 08 Nov 2023 14:11:00 GMT by
Thanks very much for this information. I thought this would be the answer. I appreciate the response. Sincerely, Helen.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.