Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 07:30:40 GMT by LNG@UK
Hi Sir, I entered the UK in 2023 and stayed for less than 5 months. Then, I leave the UK and back to home country. Should I file the UK tax?
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 13:45:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
You would need to review the guidance on residency and take the residencey test at RDR3.
RDR3 Statutory Residence Test
This will allow you to determine your UK tax residence status.
This will then allow you to determine if you have any income or capital gains tax to declare in the UK.
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.