Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 21 Jul 2023 11:56:03 GMT by
Hello, Sir. My friend has asked for my assistance in reopening his self-assessment records for the 2022/23 tax year. He informed HMRC that he had ceased self-assessment several years ago. I suggested that he should call HMRC, but unfortunately, the self-assessment helpline is currently closed. In this situation, I would like to confirm whether he can submit the self-assessment tax return to HMRC now using his previous Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number? (He needs his 2022/23 self-assessment for applying for a mortgage ASAP.) Thank you!
Posted Thu, 27 Jul 2023 14:52:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

He can register for Self-Assessment online and this would reopen the record. Please see Register for Self Assessment

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.