Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 23 Jul 2023 13:58:43 GMT by cooper
I own a non UK Exchange Traded Fund which holds equities. The fund is structured as a Mutual Fund Trust and it distributes dividend income from the equities to its unit holders. Based on other discussions on this forum I have referred to document HS 262. The last paragraph of HS262 appears to apply to my case. It states that ' If you have an absolute entitlement to the income from a non UK resident trust enter the foreign source income in boxes 4 to 9 on page F3 according to the nature of the income. Please can you confirm that I should be entering dividends from this ETF into box 6 on page F3. Also, should they also be entered into column B on page F2 ? Thanks for your help.
Posted Tue, 01 Aug 2023 12:49:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Income Tax and Capital Gains are charged using the 'arising basis'. This means that the income / gains are taxable in the tax year in which they arise. If you are unable to access the principle in your account until the account matures, then the interest is taxable in the tax year the account matures. If you an access the principle at anytime, then the interest is taxable each tax year it arises.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 01 Aug 2023 17:22:37 GMT by cooper
Thank you for replying. However, I'm afraid that there has been a mix up since this answer is not relevant to my question. Is it possible that this answer should have been posted to a different question and my answer has been posted elsewhere ?
Posted Fri, 04 Aug 2023 14:29:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi cooper

Yes, you need to complete page F2  for columns A and B, C is required if tax deducted and E if you want to claim foreign tax credit relief.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.