Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 23 May 2024 12:31:58 GMT by arganoid Gillett
"Total loss to carry forward after all other set-offs including unused losses brought forward" I have never entered anything in this box before despite having made a loss on my second business for the last few years, but I may end up making a profit in the next year or two. Is it necessary to fill in this box to be able to offset the loss against future profits? Should I enter this year's loss plus the losses from the previous three years? I am using cash basis.
Posted Wed, 29 May 2024 09:28:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 5 Response
Hi

Yes you need to fill in this box to offset the loss against future profits and you do enter this year's loss plus the losses from the previous three years.

Thanks
Posted Wed, 29 May 2024 14:37:46 GMT by WIZROB
Hi I am submitting ltd company accounts and what I need is to have an accumulative loss balance including the current year and last year) I don't seem to be able to find where to enter the figure from last year and wondered if this is possible in the box mentioned above please
Posted Fri, 07 Jun 2024 07:16:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi "WIZROB
Yes, you should enter the total of the loss from both current and last year into the 'Total loss to carry forward after all other set-offs including unused losses brought forward'.
Assuming you are using the free HMRC online filing service, please note you can use the 'get help' buttons available on every screen and explain your problem.
A member of the team will then reply to you.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.