Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 17 May 2024 11:08:18 GMT by AA L
Hi HMRC, For a student with tutoring income from both UK and overseas, and saving interest income, may I confirm the following understanding is correct? 1 Tutoring income less than GBP1000 No tax return reporting or declaration is required as it is within the casual income allowance limit. 2. Tutoring income more than GBP1000 but less than GBP2000 Report tax under self assessment. For UK tutoring income, put under self-employed For Overseas tutoring income, put under foreign income 3. Saving deposit No better what the amount is, report it in the self assessment form. Many thanks
Posted Wed, 22 May 2024 10:59:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi AA L,
1. You are correct
2.  Anything over £1000 would need the tax return.
You can include the foreign tutoring income as part of your self employed turnover and no need for the foreign income page as long as no foreign tax has been deducted
3. If completing a return, yes you will declare all savings interest unless in an ISA.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.