Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 08 Oct 2023 00:16:56 GMT by Pui Yee Lee
Hi, I moved to UK in Aug 2022. I don't have any job during tax year 2022/23. I don't have any income except the saving interests from local UK banks and banks in Hong Kong. The total interest I received is less than £10k. Do I need to send the self assessment and apply for UTR number? I have checked via the HMRC government official website (Check how to register for Self Assessment), the result is "no, I do not need to send the self assessment". However, I still bit worry if my understanding is correct as it is my first time to deal with this since I moved to UK. Best regards, 

Name removed admin 
Posted Mon, 16 Oct 2023 08:50:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Please refer to:

Self Assessment tax returns

If you do not meet any of the criteria, no return is required.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.