Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 06 Nov 2023 21:32:03 GMT by Paulo.SE
I have received a cheque from HMRC but cannot cash it as I do not reside in the UK. I am an EU resident currently residing in Sweden and would like the payment made electronically to my bank account. With whom do I speak to regarding this, so that I may be able to furnish my account details in order to facilitate the payment electronically?
Posted Wed, 15 Nov 2023 08:45:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Paulo.SE,
We cannot issue a repayment into a overseas bank account.
If you are unable to cash the cheque in Sweden you can submt to a UK bank account if you still have one or we can repay the cheque to a nominee for you.
To cancel and reissue the cheque you will need to contact HMRC. Contact HMRC
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 15 Nov 2023 08:58:23 GMT by Paulo.SE
Thank you for the feedback. It’s greatly appreciated. I will go ahead and contact your offices as I do not have a UK bank account nor someone that I can nominate for this purpose. Have a great day!

Feedback .

You must be signed in to post in this forum.