Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 07 Jan 2024 18:12:50 GMT by
Hello I am a non domicile resident of UK since 2 years , with income from employment only in the UK. I have income from savings account and fixed deposits in India , for which I have paid taxes in 2022-23. I have made no remittance from India to UK and do not intend to. I understand the following at Self assessment : - that I have to declare foreign under remittance basis , although I have not remitted any into UK - disclose interests of 2022-23 , though taxes have been paid for the same in India, if my annual interst were>2000GBP - can claim tax credit relief for any interest obtained from fixed deposits in NRE accounts - should I attach for S109 ? Kindly review the above for correctness Kindly give a LIST of documents to be attached at submission of self assessment , in addition to S109
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 11:32:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi SUTXUK,
Please have a look at section 9.11 onwards, of Guidance note for residence, domicile and the remittance basis: RDR1.  
If you don't qualify then you need to complete a tax return, declaring all of your world wide income.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.