Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 13 Jan 2024 05:12:35 GMT by
Q1. I pay a local sports club membership fee for my child. The form states its charitable status and charity number. Can this be added to my charitable donations for gift aid? I am unclear at this time if the club claim gift aid or not against my payment Q2. I gift my children less than 3k a year. Can this be claimed for my rax return. As my income is reduced
Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2024 11:11:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

No.  You cannot claim tax relief as this is not a gift to the charity, but a payment to use the facilities of the charity.  Cash gifts are not taxable, so there is no tax relief you can claim.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.