Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 19 Jan 2024 10:46:16 GMT by
Hi, I've been receiving a company pension for the past few years which appears on my PAYE record under 'Your current private pensions'. A second company pension has started this year, but this is appearing under 'Your current employment', with the name of my former employer. Basic Rate tax is being payed on this, which is correct. Whilst this is obviously incorrect, since I am not employed, will this cause any problems if the correct amount of tax is paid ? If so how do I change the 'employment' income to appear as a second pension ? Thanks.
Posted Mon, 22 Jan 2024 15:29:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
This will not impact your tax liability in any way, so there is nothing you need do.  If you wanted, you could contact our PAYE help line 0300 200 3300, to have our records updated.
Posted Mon, 22 Jan 2024 15:33:04 GMT by
Thanks for the reply, I'll probably contact the helpline sometime soon, Thanks

You must be signed in to post in this forum.