Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 01 Jan 2024 17:52:44 GMT by Thomas Dillon
I retired from a UN specialised agency at the end of August. My salary was exempt from UK tax in accordance with the Specialised Agencies of the United Nations (Immunities and Privileges) Order 1974/No. 1260. Part of my remuneration included a monthly contribution by my employer to my pension with the UN Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF). I also contributed a portion of my salary to the UNJSPF under the usual rules for such employees. I am now receiving back through my pension the portion that was stopped out of my pay both by way of the employer's contribution and my own. It seems to me that some or all of this deferred remuneration should fall within the exemption applicable to my salary in general. What does HMRC think?
Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 10:40:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

Email to SPT Business, Support Team (OE) for advice on United Nation pensions (04/01/24)

Thank you
Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 14:32:48 GMT by Thomas Dillon
I am unable to find an email address for SPT Business, Support Team (OE). Could you please tell me the address?
Posted Tue, 13 Feb 2024 10:20:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi Thomas Dillon,
Sorry the previous reply should not have been posted as that was HMRC referring to an internal email. you would need to write in with the details so that it can be referred on to our specialist team.
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 13 Feb 2024 12:07:20 GMT by Thomas Dillon
Oh, OK.
Posted Tue, 20 Feb 2024 16:38:54 GMT by
Hi there, I have a very similar question. Could you please share the address I should use to write in? Best, 
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 12:20:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
The address is HMRC, PAYE & Self Assessment BX9 1AS.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.