Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2024 19:52:00 GMT by Sean_Smith_88 Smith
Hello HMRC, Sean Smith. Self assessment submitted by me and recieved by yourselves on 23rd May 2024. ASK HMRC informed me that I should of heard something from HMRC by 30th June 2024 and that I should contact an adviser, unfortunately no advisers are available. I have tried multiple times. I have contacted HMRC by phone multiple times due to having no other choice but to apparently wait and then wait some more. HMRC took some details from me by phone call and informed me that they have put a referral in for me with the self assessment team. I was told by HMRC that I would get a phone call from the self assessment team and was given a password to give to them when they eventually call me. I have recieved no phone call from the HMRC self assessment team and I believe I have waited long enough for my owed money. Nearly two months I have waited for my payment which I believe to be unacceptable, especially with no contact from the HMRC self assessment team. HMRC will give me no further guidance via phone call, but to just wait for the self assessment team to call me.
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2024 10:41:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Sean_Smith_88 Smith,
We are sorry if there has been a delay in the repayment being issued.
To review this we will need to access your record.
You can contact HMRC here:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2024 13:06:54 GMT by Andrew Willetts
Hi, I submitted my Self Assessment on 6th April and I am still waiting on my Tax rebate 15 weeks later. I have never waited this long before. I contacted HMRC 2 weeks ago and they said I cannot call them again until after the 4 th Sept. I will be putting in for my 2024-2024 S/a in April So hoping I will get my money sometime this year.! I work with both my sons and they had theirs within a month. This is crazy especially when you rely on it.! Very frustrated.! :(
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2024 13:44:20 GMT by Gazzzzzzzzzz Allcott
I am in same boat, submitted on 6th April got told going through security checks, passed security check and was told by letter that my rebate had been recalculated and they was paying that amount in 10 days only for me to fone up on the 11th day to be told my checked rebate was being security checked by security checks , my new date now is 23rd September, I've never heard anything like it,, my security checked payment is now being security checked, 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.