Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Self assessment submitted and recieved by HMRC, but still no payment to myself?

Hello HMRC, Sean Smith. Self assessment submitted by me and recieved by yourselves on 23rd May 2024. ASK HMRC informed me that I should of heard something from HMRC by 30th June 2024 and that I should contact an adviser, unfortunately no advisers are available. I have tried multiple times. I have contacted HMRC by phone multiple times due to having no other choice but to apparently wait and then wait some more. HMRC took some details from me by phone call and informed me that they have put a referral in for me with the self assessment team. I was told by HMRC that I would get a phone call from the self assessment team and was given a password to give to them when they eventually call me. I have recieved no phone call from the HMRC self assessment team and I believe I have waited long enough for my owed money. Nearly two months I have waited for my payment which I believe to be unacceptable, especially with no contact from the HMRC self assessment team. HMRC will give me no further guidance via phone call, but to just wait for the self assessment team to call me.