Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 17 Nov 2023 17:31:07 GMT by Andrew Corner
Hello, I am currently on a career break from my job in the NHS. I am continuing to pay pension contributions monthly based on my usual gross salary. However, my employer is not giving tax relief for these. How do I claim this on my SA Tax Return please?
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2023 11:06:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Andrew Corner,
If you are not receiving any tax relief on your pension payments and your pension provider is not claiming any tax relief, you would declare the gross pension payments in box 2 of SA100. If the pension provider is claiming basic rate tax relief for you, you would complete box 1 on page TR4 of SA100.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.