Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 04 Jun 2024 08:54:08 GMT by AlinSin
Hi everyone, I have been living in UK for three years but I am not UK domicile, I am on dependent visa here. I have income from abroad which I do not transfer to the UK , it stays in France and in Russia. So as I understand I am not obliged to fill in self assessment but I did for 2022-2023 because it was not clear for me and I paid the tax. How can I now remit it? I tried to find info on the web site, but did not manage. What kind of form I should complete in order to be paid back my tax payment back?
Posted Thu, 06 Jun 2024 11:22:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi AlinSin,
You have until 31 January 2025 to amend your 2022 to 2023 tax return.
You will need to submit an amendment to your tax return, by submitting a complted SA109
Residence, remittance basis etc (Self Assessment SA109)
You will need to remove the unremitted income from the tax return and declare is instead in boxes 34, 35 and 40 on page RR2.
You should have a look at the guidance on the remittance basis at RDR1 at section 9.
Residence, domicile and the remittance basis: RDR1
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.