Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Jan 2024 14:03:59 GMT by
Hi, I posted on the forum previously - but my question did not get published. I completed my SA for 22/23. On that return I confirmed that I have left the UK and am not tax resident for 23/24. However, this has not been recognised, and payments on account for 23/24 are still being applied as due for payment on my account. How do I fix this with HMRC? As I usually complete a Self Assessment tax return, form P85 is not relevant to me. Thanks
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 15:43:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi LouRee,
You will need to log into your personal tax account and open your tax return to amend it.  
After the calculation, there is an option to reduce the payments on account, you can reduce them to £0.00 if you want.  
As you are no longer resident in the UK, it may be better that you contact our self assesment helpline on 0300 200 3310 or contact our webchat facility at Contact HMRC,
to ensure your records are updated and if a tax return is no longer required, to ensure the self assessment record is made dormant.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.