Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 20 May 2024 15:49:02 GMT by Gillian Smith
I am currently completing my Self Assessment for tax year 2023 to 2024. I have previously transferred £1,260 of my personal allowance to my husband which is reflected in my tax code for that year. I have not submitted my tax return yet, however when I view my calculation it appears if shows the full personal allowance which I suspect is giving rise to a overpayment figure of £138. Can you please advise how this can be corrected on the return to get the correct calculation.
Posted Thu, 23 May 2024 09:17:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

By selecting the appropriate marital status at the start of your return should then make the option to transfer your allowance available. If you have already done this and still cannot see the option, you will need to contact our Self Assessment team.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 27 May 2024 15:21:45 GMT by Gillian Smith
Thanks for your help

You must be signed in to post in this forum.