I reside in UK. I am not working but receive rental income from a UK residential property for the year 23/24. I received letter from HMRC reminding me to do self assessment for 23/24. I had a personal tax account which I cannot see the option of self assessment. I thus, in Apr 2024, applied for a new business self assessment account for tax return of the rental income. I checked the progress of this application and the system said I should have a reply by 23 June 2024. Yet, as of 27 June 2024 today, I haven’t received any updates from HMRC in email, by post or in my personal account. My questions are - 1). Am I correct in registering the business account for the rental income tax return? 2). If the business account is the correct way, will I have another UTR number separate from the personal account UTR? (ps. I entered my personal account UTR number in the business account application form) 3). By what means is the application result delivered, by post by email or else? 4). What step should I take in case I do not receive result within certain period of time, say 2 weeks? Thank you for your assistance in advance. 4). What should I