Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Register for self assessment for tax return from rental income

Hi Admin. I called the Technical Support team at 0300 200 3600 just now. After multiple attempts on logging into my personal tax account on different computers and mobile devices, web browsers and app, the staff member could not find out the reason for why there has been no "Self Assessment" tile or options to add any other taxes. The staff member could offer nothing further but asked me to call the self assessment team at 0300 200 3310. I called this number ending 3310 right away for two times. The first time, my line was cut after being asked by the pre-recorded voice to refer to HMRC website information, which I read through for times before I write here or call the hotlines. The second time, I was cut again with unknown reason. What should I look for further? Are these all we have at the authority that leave tax payer in loops? Highly appreciate you assistance further.
  • RE: Register for self assessment for tax return from rental income

Thank you but regret that the link is not working. Would you offer posting the correct link?
  • Register for self assessment for tax return from rental income

I reside in UK. I am not working but receive rental income from a UK residential property for the year 23/24. I received letter from HMRC reminding me to do self assessment for 23/24. I had a personal tax account which I cannot see the option of self assessment. I thus, in Apr 2024, applied for a new business self assessment account for tax return of the rental income. I checked the progress of this application and the system said I should have a reply by 23 June 2024. Yet, as of 27 June 2024 today, I haven’t received any updates from HMRC in email, by post or in my personal account. My questions are - 1). Am I correct in registering the business account for the rental income tax return? 2). If the business account is the correct way, will I have another UTR number separate from the personal account UTR? (ps. I entered my personal account UTR number in the business account application form) 3). By what means is the application result delivered, by post by email or else? 4). What step should I take in case I do not receive result within certain period of time, say 2 weeks? Thank you for your assistance in advance. 4). What should I