Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 18:44:42 GMT by Gary Y
Hello, I bought some US etf and have some treasuries interest distributed. It was with a 15% withholding tax from the US goverment. How I should put the interest in my self assessment? It came in a form of dividends, but it invested in bonds. Thank you
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 08:45:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Gary Y,
You would show this as foreign income and claim Foreign Tax Credit Relief for the US tax deducted.
Please see here:
Tax on foreign income
Thank you, 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.