Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 02 Jul 2023 15:37:23 GMT by Pankaj Shah
I have a few questions on the self assessment filing that I have to do . My situation - I have foreign income through bank interest, dividends and property rental. All of them are paid into my overseas accounts which adds up to more that 2000 GBP. - I have no intention to remit those to the UK at all . - I became a UK Resident ( Non Dom) in June 2022. Do I need to - declare them on the Foreign section of the self-assessment if I have not remitted anything or have no intention of remitting anything at all? - I want to claim a remittance Basis for this income - do I need to fill and submit both the Foreign Page form (SA106) and Remittance basis etc (SA109) . - Will it not be sufficient for me to just submit the SA109 Remittance basis etc form and claim on a remittance basis and not fill up the foreign Pages if I am not remitting any amount?
Posted Fri, 07 Jul 2023 08:45:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Pankaj Shah,

If claiming the remittance basis and not remitting the foreign income, you do not need the SA106.
Further guidance is at Remittance basis 2023 (HS264)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.