Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 28 Dec 2023 16:55:51 GMT by
I received my p800s from years 2019 upto 2023 in October 2023 saying I'm owed money but the cheque has been sent to Tax Reclaim Solutions LTD I remember dealing with them in regards to ppi but I did not give permission for them to claim my income tax refunds....I have not had any correspondence at all from the company since talking to them about ppi....I've tried calling them over 500 times they never answer the phone, voicemail get ignored there is no email listed on their website....there is literally no way of contacting this company who has had my refund since October...HMRC won't check if the company has cashed the cheque what am I meant to do? I want this company removed from my account right now. I also received a letter from hmrc about ppi and to provide documentation I don't want this company anywhere near it if they can't even send me MY tax rebate that they did not have permission to take they hardly going to send me any form of ppi refund im given either are they... Why are ppi companies allowed to apply for our tax rebates when they were never given permission to do that....income tax has nothing to do with ppi im fuming
Posted Tue, 02 Jan 2024 14:23:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

You can find guidance on how to avoid internet scams and phishing including how to contact Action Fraud here:

Avoid and report internet scams and phishing

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 02 Jan 2024 14:51:01 GMT by Caroline Thomas
Dear HMRC Now there are so many companies claiming money that they shouldn’t it’s about time that you take some responsibility for allowing this to keep happening. Brooksdale took my money, Tax Reclaim Solutions took Suzanne’s and there’s many more companies, it’s on going and these companies provide us honest people with no means of contacting them. You are allowing this problem to continue over and over again, they are stealing our money without permission to even claim it in the first place.
Posted Sat, 06 Jan 2024 08:41:31 GMT by
Hi , I recently had a p800 letter through the door saying I was owed money back due to paying too much tax. As I went online to my personal tax account to claim the money back it would not let me do this , as of this I rang the hmrc and they said someone had already claimed my money with a different bank account. I asked who the person was and they told me the name ( it was a random woman's name sounded foreign ) . There has been an investigation on going now so hopefully I get an answer soon. I have never gave my details out to anyone before and I have security set up on my account for log in . It's makes you wonder how this happens .
Posted Mon, 15 Jan 2024 09:25:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi Charlieosgood10 Osgood, 

You would need to report the details to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040. If it is being investigated you will receive a response once completed. 

Thank you.
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2024 08:36:40 GMT by Karen Gibbons
Hi I was a victim of this fraud. The money was paid to Brooksdale who used a API link to get my signature and send in the forms. HMRC sent me the forms which I'd never seen before and never signed. I've tried action fraud and got nowhere. I tried Which legal and Brooksdale are unregistered so I can't get any further there. Brooksdale are not replying to emails. It just bounced back. Theyd id reply to a letter I sent recorded. I've checke this year to make sure HMRC don't decide to process any other rogue claims to any other companies, so far so good, I'm unticked go paperless so at least now I'll get a letter if they try to. But where do I go from here. Brooksdale have the money. I didnt ask them to claim. and they said "In relation to the signature provided this was done electronically and this was API linked into our system. This is authorisation for us to act on your behalf." so surely that proves I didnt sign anything. Please advise
Posted Tue, 07 May 2024 13:25:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If you have been a victim of fraud then you will need to contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2024 12:36:58 GMT by Ali Oran
I have received my tax calculation and requested my claim online which will be paid via Bacs, however my tax calculations have also been sent to a fraudulent company called Hawkshaw, I have never signed up with this company but I have heard that they have the ability to take tax refunds from cheques, but I need to know if they can take my online tax refund payment also now that they have my tax calculations? If so then this is serious and I need HMRC to get rid of them from account as I tried ringing HMRC but no answer and I have tried to call and email Hawkshaw ltd but no answer either so this frustrating.
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2024 09:39:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Ali,
If the calculation you have received is a P800 calculation advising you have overpaid income tax under PAYE then currently only the individual can claim a repayment via BACS
The repayment can only be paid into the individals bank account.
Any repayments to be made to agents or nominees then HMRC must issue these via Cheque.
Without access to your records we are unable to see what was received in connection to the Hawkshaw Ltd but if you are concerned we would recomment you contact and speak to HMRC please see link:
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.