Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2023 19:45:48 GMT by
having checked with the HMRC website link and discuss with tax advisor , i may not be the tax resident of tax year 2022-2023. we then inform HMRC with letter in septemper 2022, yet there is no reply. then i called the HMRC hotline, the staff told me that they received our letter but not yet assigned to any worker until 13 feb 2024 that is beyond the deadline for filing self assessment tax return. finally, i was told that i can only check the box 3 in SA109 to declare my non tax residency and return SA100 and SA109 to HMRC. however, the box 3 of SA109 seems only for declare to apply split year treatment. i would like to know if the above -said is right that i just return SA100 and SA109 before deadline or i have wait till 13 feb 2024 for the reply of HMRC caseworker. many thanks
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2023 09:50:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi schangh,
As your residence/domicile status is for you to determine, you will need to refer to on how to complete the residene page SA109:
Residence, remittance basis etc notes
Thank you. 

Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2023 19:19:03 GMT by
My wife and I arrived UK at the same day in october 2022. both of us have no other family members or relative are UK residence or live in Uk. I would like to know if my wife will be counted as my family ties, vice versa (both of us are not counted as tax resident ccording to the self assessment if the family tie was not counted). we are not counted as tax resident according to the self assssemnt when my wife or I was not counted as family tie .
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 15:41:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi schangh

No, this is not a family tie.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.