Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2024 06:06:54 GMT by wilsonchuys CHU
I am not a UK resident. I have already applied the Non-Resident Landlord Scheme and received the NRL no. in April 2024. Up to now, I did not receive the URT no. How can I get the URT no.?
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2024 11:43:52 GMT by Phoenix UK
I failed to apply URT number online as replied that my address incorrect information. I called to HRMC and reconfirmed my address is recorded in system without any mistake. HRMC staff advised me to fill in SA1 form, then print out , sign and post to HMRC. I have been sent the form 2 months ago in April. But regret that I have not receive any reply or letter from HRMC until today. Please advise what I can do ?
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2024 07:27:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi wilsonchuys CHU,
To receive a UTR, you would need to register for Self Assessment.
You can do so here - Check how to register for Self Assessment - or contact us by webchat or phone via Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you.

Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2024 09:18:29 GMT by wilsonchuys CHU
Thank you for your reply. Following your letter of March 25, 2024 regarding NRL registration, your office will set up a record for me and send me the relevant tax returns. But your reply means that I need to register by myself to have a UTR number, and your office will not automatically send the UTR number to me after the NRL registration completed? Your reply confuses me.
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2024 08:07:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi wilsonchuys CHU,
If you have not yet received a UTR following your NRL registration, you may have to do so seperately.
Contact us by webchat or phone via Self Assessment: general enquiries to allow us to check if a UTR has been issued, and register you if necessary.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.