Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 15 Dec 2023 12:40:32 GMT by Eugenia 1217
Dear HMRC Team, I trust this message finds you well. I am writing to address concerns regarding the submission of additional documents requested in your letter dated Nov 2023 for the processing of my Self Assessment. I should have received this letter in late Nov 2023, but due to being out of the country between 17 Nov 2023 and 2 Dec 2023, I only received it upon my return on 2 Dec 2023. Understanding the urgency, I promptly sent the required documents through the Royal Mail Signed For 1st class service on the same day. The Royal Mail's tracking information indicates that the letter was posted on 2 Dec 2023. However, as of today, there is no further update on the Royal Mail website to confirm the receipt by HMRC. I am concerned about the possibility of penalties, despite posting the documents before the specified deadline of 4 Dec 2023. Could you please provide clarification on whether I may incur penalties even if the documents were dispatched before the deadline? Additionally, I would appreciate guidance on how I can verify the successful submission of my documents, considering the lack of updates on the Royal Mail website. Your prompt assistance and clarification on this matter are crucial to me, and I appreciate your attention to this urgent inquiry. Thank you for your understanding and support. Kind regards, Eugenia
Posted Wed, 20 Dec 2023 08:56:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi

You would need to contact HMRC to check if the documents submitted have been received and if penalties have been charged.
You can contact HMRC at Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.