Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 15 Jan 2024 16:27:25 GMT by
Hi Last June I went online and signed up to the government gateway and followed links and uploaded my info needed to view my national insurance record as wanted to see if I could fill in missing years . I am 50 years old and suffer many heath issues as well as mental health issues. I did see my record. I just went online to look again, and I see I had been given a utr number and it says I am registered to give self assessment by Jan 31st. I am on long term ESA in support group and pip. I don't work and am ill. I didn't mean to sing up to this I just wanted to see my national insurance record. DWP do all this automatically me. I am worried now and stressed out. Any advice? I have just followed links and asked to take me off self assessment online and give all my info.
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 17:32:59 GMT by
Anyone help ?
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 17:37:25 GMT by
Income based esa + severe disability allowance + pip.... All my benefits are also non taxable
Posted Thu, 18 Jan 2024 10:51:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Bobrob123,
You will need to call, write or contact us via webchat to explain the situation to get the self assessment record closed.
Please find our contact details in the following link:- Self Assessment: general enquiries the telephone number and address can be found at the bottom of this page.
Thank you. 

Posted Thu, 18 Jan 2024 11:43:04 GMT by
Hi thanks for the reply I filled in a form online and put a message on that... The link was for Request removal from Self Assessment There was a link on this page that I followed and filled in the form,Assessment%20deadline%20of%2031%20January.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.