Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 14:43:15 GMT by Malise Pang
If I have gain from UK insurance policy, where should I put this information is the SA form
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 11:01:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Malise Pang,
On a paper tax return, it would be declared in SA101 (Self Assessment: additional information (SA101)) on page Ai1.  
For an online tax return, in section "3. tailor your return", on page 2 of 3, tick year to "Did you receive any other UK income, for example, employment lump sums, share schemes, life insurance gains?".  When you move on to section "4. fill in your return", you will have the eqivalent boxes for declaring your chargeable event gain.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.