Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2024 22:29:41 GMT by pete101
Hi I have a massive problem for the past year i have been trying to register as self employed sole trader both online, over the phone and by post. Every time i keep getting a rejection response saying i have filled in the wrong form. I filled in the CWF1 form it even says on the HMRC website to fill in that form not the SA1 form but every time i get rejected saying i filled in the wrong form and need to fill in the SA1 form!! It clearly says do NOT fill in the SA1 form if self employed. Every time i speak to someone on the phone about this they have no idea what i am talking about nor seem to understand the problem at hand. Even the rejection letter by post clearly says i am trying to register for self employed sole trader so why is it telling me i filled in the wrong form and need to fill in the SA1 form?? I know the online process is done by AI or something to auto approve but surely some human needs to be able to bypass this issue for me. Who should i ask when I call the self assessment line to escalate my issue so someone in charge can actually fix the problem so i can finally get my UTR code? Why on earth am i receiving a rejection letter saying i filled in the wrong form when it clearly says on the HMRC site that i have to fill in a CWF1 form!!! I cant find anyone else with this issue on the forum except me so what am i supposed to do to fix this?
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2024 08:52:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,
We are sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in trying to register for self employment using the form CWF1. Please contact our Self Assessment team so we can register you for self employment.
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.