Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 13:31:57 GMT by siobhan lendzionowski
hi, i recently had a redundancy payment, i want to put the taxable amount of that payment into a SIPP, where in a self assessment return do i declare the money put into the SIPP, in order to get the tax relief? thanks :)
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 14:25:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

If you are required to complete a tax return, you would declare the payments on page TR4 of the tax return (SA100) or the online equivalent.  
If you do not need to complete a tax return, you would claim tax relief in writing, providing supporting evidence from the pension provider.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.